Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Girl!

Jayci,

   Today my sweet girl you turned 6-years-old. My how time flies! I can remember you birth like it was just yesterday and now you are growing it to this beautiful thriving little girl. Well, let’s be honest I guess you are not all that little anymore.

You started kindergarten this year and you are doing so well. Your teacher raves about how good you are usually (we all have our moments). You are doing wonderful at your spelling words and learning to read. You can count to 100 and have learned to tie your shoes. You have also made so many new friends.

This is your second year of dance. And while you are not the most graceful person you seem to enjoy dancing. You also love cartwheels and handstands, which you are quite good at. At the beginning of this month you made us take your training wheels off of your bicycle and did very well at it. It has been kind of cool here so you have not got a lot of practice but spring will be here soon enough.

Another thing you love to do is sing.  You definitely get this from your daddy. You love music and could listen to it all day.

You are a wonderful big sister. You love Korbyn so much. You always want to hold and carry him. You make sure he is safe. You also make sure nobody gives him any food that he is not supposed to have. In fact, you told on Grammy for giving him a donut the other week at church. HA!

I cannot believe how much you have grown and matured over the past year. You have your moments and you still like to whine a little and hate cleaning your messes but again who doesn’t have those bad sides. You are an amazing little girl and I love you so much!

For your birthday this year we are having a skating party! But to celebrate as a family, Daddy, me, Korbyn and you all went shopping at Justice for you some clothes. Actually, Mimi sent you a gift card so we had to go and spend it!

After clothes shopping we went to Toy's-R-Us to pick you out one toy. Several years ago I signed you up for there birthday club. Every year they send you a 3 dollar coupon  inside of a birthday card. Well we have never actually gone. However, this year I thought it would be really fun to take you. They gave you the crown and a balloon (you picked the color blue). After that they made an announcement over the loud speaker saying something like, “Everyone we have a special birthday girl her name is Jayci and she is 6 years old. Be sure and tell her Happy Birthday.” It was so fun. You ended up picking out 2 new cd’s for your karaoke machine you got for Christmas.   photo 1 (2)

After Toy’s-R-Us we let you choose where to eat. Of course, you choose none other than Purple Cow. You love that place. We split a milkshake and they put whip cream, sprinkles, and a candle on yours and came out and sang you Happy Birthday. I think you had such a special day!

 photo 2 (2) photo 3 (2)

We did all this on Tuesday night because on Wednesday (your actual birthday) you have dance and we usually have church so it is kind of a busy day.

Here you are before school in your 6-year-old birthday shirt!

photo 5 (2)I have to admit I have not taken your annual birthday pictures yet. That is on my to do list for this week but I wanted to post this collage of you in all your birthday shirts. The last photo is obviously from my phone. Once I take your pictures I will try to redo it. Jayci birthday pictures collageObviously we like zebra and pink since we did it 2 years in a row…Oops. Oh well this year we threw in a little green too.

Jayci, your daddy and I love you so very much. You are so special to us. I hope you had a very special birthday and have a great party on Friday!

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

~ Kristen

No comments: